Finance Committee Leader
The Finance Committee is a sub-committee for the Church Board. It consists of Finance Committee Leader or Chairperson, Pastors, Head Deacon, Head Deaconess, Head Elder, Risk Manager, and the following members: Charlie Savage, John Virsack, Jose Canlas, Mary Prout, Thomas Lanier, Vincent McMillen.
Responsibilities of the Finance Committee Leader:
- Works closely with the Pastors and Treasurer regarding the allocation of funds.
- Develops a yearly budget, and at the regularly scheduled monthly Finance Committee Meetings, works toward keeping the Church on track with regards to projected yearly budget.
- Discusses new or repair projects of the church::
- Determining where funding will come from – account, fund raising, etc.
- Obtaining several (3) well-negotiated bids that serve the best interest of the church
- Obtaining input from the Decorating Committee a sub-committee of the Church Board that best serves the church
- Determining best time of implementation, volunteer help, etc.
- Preparing report to be presented to the Church Board for approval.
- Handles the Tuition Aid Applications each school year
- Works with Risk Management to make sure we are in compliance with Fire & Safety regulations
- Approves small projects – minor repairs, preventative maintenance, etc.